Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Intentions for Love


I want to be someone's priority.
I want to be their waking dream.
I want to see starlight in their eyes
   as they look at me.
I want to know what love swept
   means. 

I want to be the blessed gift of
   GodDess
Not the consolation prize
And if they never said "I love you"
I'd want to see it in their eyes.

I want to be wanted so intensely 
That hearts quake in anticipation
   of my arrival.
I want to be a choice
Not obligation for survival.

I want to be loved for who I am
Not twisted and folded to fit a mold.
I want to be loved from the heart
And cherished by the soul.

I deserve to be someone's Queen, 
   wife, beloved 
If that's what I want to be,
And I deserve someone
Who wants that of me.

I'm worthy to be loved
Completely, sublimely, divinely,
I'm holding on to the hope that
"That Love" will someday find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment